Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Weds. and Thurs. Readings

Wed. 3-28
Isaiah 50:1-9a
This is what the LORD says:"Where is your mother's certificate of divorce with which I sent her away?Or to which of my creditorsdid I sell you?Because of your sins you were sold;because of your transgressions your mother was sent away. 2 When I came, why was there no one?When I called, why was there no one to answer?Was my arm too short to ransom you?Do I lack the strength to rescue you?By a mere rebuke I dry up the sea,I turn rivers into a desert;their fish rot for lack of waterand die of thirst. 3 I clothe the sky with darknessand make sackcloth its covering." 4 The Sovereign LORD has given me an instructed tongue,to know the word that sustains the weary.He wakens me morning by morning,wakens my ear to listen like one being taught. 5 The Sovereign LORD has opened my ears,and I have not been rebellious;I have not drawn back. 6 I offered my back to those who beat me,my cheeks to those who pulled out my beard;I did not hide my facefrom mocking and spitting. 7 Because the Sovereign LORD helps me,I will not be disgraced.Therefore have I set my face like flint,and I know I will not be put to shame. 8 He who vindicates me is near.Who then will bring charges against me?Let us face each other!Who is my accuser?Let him confront me! 9 It is the Sovereign LORD who helps me.Who is he that will condemn me?
Reflection Questions:
1. What is being said in this scripture?
2. What does this scripture say about Our Lord?
3. God, what are you saying to me through this scripture? (Be quiet and listen)
Suggested Prayer: “Lord help me see any wrong ways within me.”

Thurs. 3-29
Psalm 31:9-16Be merciful to me, O LORD, for I am in distress;my eyes grow weak with sorrow,my soul and my body with grief. 10 My life is consumed by anguishand my years by groaning;my strength fails because of my affliction, and my bones grow weak. 11 Because of all my enemies,I am the utter contempt of my neighbors;I am a dread to my friends — those who see me on the street flee from me. 12 I am forgotten by them as though I were dead;I have become like broken pottery. 13 For I hear the slander of many;there is terror on every side;they conspire against meand plot to take my life.
14 But I trust in you, O LORD;I say, "You are my God." 15 My times are in your hands;deliver me from my enemiesand from those who pursue me. 16 Let your face shine on your servant;save me in your unfailing love.
Reflection Questions:
1. What is being said in this scripture?
2. What does this scripture say about Our Lord?
3. God, what are you saying to me through this scripture? (Be quiet and listen)
Suggested Prayer: “Lord, guide me through my trials.”

No comments: